The Bahamas is made up of over 700 small islands and cays. Following a comfortable British Airways flight, the Bahamas proved to be a relaxing destination. There is a very simple beauty to it, that is refreshing and quite charming.
- Cable beach (with a direct view of the island owned by Eddie Murphy)
- Fort Charlotte, one of Nassau’s main historic sites
- ‘Majestic Tour’ of Nassau stopping off and pointing out interesting sights and landmarks, including a drive through Paradise Island
- Adastra Gardens and Zoo, Nassau (not far from Cable beach)
- Atlantis Resort, Paradise Island, featuring the well known underwater aquarium and popular casino
- Paradise Island evening sail
- Exumas by speedboat (feed sharks, stingrays and the overly commercialised attraction of pigs)
- Leaf Cay, to feed the iguanas
- Eleuthera (my favourite), Harbour Island
The American US Dollar seemed to be universally accepted everywhere.
Exumas: private beach
Exumas: shark feeding
Our ride for the day
Leaf Cay: grape feeding the iguanas
They’re so spoilt, an island all to themselves and grapes from tourists!!
Eleuthera: Harbour Island
Golf buggies are the main mode of transport, the ride can get a bit bumpy, you don’t need a licence.
Adastra Gardens and Zoo, Nassau
Atlantis Resort: Paradise Island
A few amateur clips below