On a positive note, this candle was pretty on first impression, very fragrant and sweet scented when burning.
Unfortunately I won’t be buying these candles again for the following reasons:
- The lovely fresh green colour of the wax faded a lot once the candle started to burn, the colourant/dye seemed to collect in a green mound at the top of the candle,making it look a bit of a mess
- When the candle burns, the appearance of a dirty brown oily layer forms at the top of the melted wax
- Once the candle burns past the half way mark, we start to see the build up of black soot all over the inside of the glass jar, leaving black residue on the remaining wax once it cooled
- The glass jar becomes extremely hot to handle if you wish to move the candle
At £12 a candle, this is particularly disappointing.
For these reasons I’m also glad I never did buy them as gifts for other people before trying them out myself first!!
Overall rating 3/10