Nelson’s Dockyard, Antigua

Nelson’s Dockyard is a national park, a historic site restored from 1743; it forms part of the English Harbour area of Antigua and is also an operational Georgian naval facility.

British ships used to be repaired, restocked or disposed of here.

Marinas and boats on a backdrop of blue water always make for a lovely sight, a relaxing place to wander and meander.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

sam_0717

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

20161015_103530

sam_0718

sam_0719

Good old London phone box

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Unusual looking cacti

20161015_103530

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Finishing touches being made to a secluded house in the hills

20161015_105547

20161015_105541

20161015_105226

20161015_105116

sam_0722

20161015_105649

sam_0723

Indoor souvenir market stalls on the left

sam_0724

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply