You might just need a break if you lose your keys in the morning and eventually end up finding them in the fridge.
You wake up on Saturday morning and for a split second, you question what day it is as you look at the time (seemingly, you forgot it was the weekend).
1. You’ve only been in the office for an hour and it feels like five hours.
2. It’s been feeling suspiciously like ‘all work and no play’ for longer than you care to mention.
3. Things that don’t normally bother you start to annoy you.
4. You just can’t seem to rev up the concentration levels.
5. You feel tired all the time.
6. Instead of typing your usual password into login boxes, you type whatever words are in your head at the time without realising you’re doing it, perhaps from a song you keep singing or whatever it is you’re planning on eating that night…. Password: Pizza
We all have moments where we’re out of steam, lacking a bit of zest or doing silly things that we”d likely scoff at if it was anyone else. I think our subconscious selves actively let us know we need a break, a boost or a just a bit of fun to balance things out again – so try and take the hint the next time you find yourself pouring fruit juice on your cereal (I think I did this once, a very long time ago).
If not ourselves, I’m sure we all know someone exhibiting a few tell tale signs, someone we wish would take a break, lighten up, have some fun, and stop allowing the pressures of the world to weigh them down and rob them of life’s little joys.
The long list of health problems stemming from stress and lack of mental and physical rest – seems endless and ought to be enough to make us put ourselves at the top of the list of priorities, where we belong.
Time for a break then?
Feel free to share some of your ‘need a break’ tell tale signs below!